were COLD! The boys and I went strawberry picking at 7am this morning and it was 46 degrees...IN JULY!!! We picked 2 buckets full and decided that frozen fingers weren't fun. We stopped for coffee and hot cocoa on the way home. I love making memories with my boys.




Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Ingredients: 2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons sugar (for coating the cream cheese)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons cold butter cut into small pieces1 cup chopped strawberries (I used fresh. I would think frozen would work if they were thawed and drained)
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
1 egg
4 ounces cream cheese cut into 36 cubes
12 paper muffin pan liners
Line a 12-cup muffin pan with papers then spray lined pan lightly with non-stick spray.
Stir together flour, 3/4 cup sugar,baking powder, baking soda.
Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
Stir in chopped berries.
In separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk and egg.
Gently stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture until just combined.
Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin cups.
Place 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small dish and dip each cube of cream cheese to coat.
Press 3 cheese cubes into center of each muffin, but do not fully submerge the cheese, the top of the cubes should be visible.
Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar evenly over tops of muffins.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown (toothpick inserted into doughy part should come out clean - do not insert toothpick into cheese).
Cool muffins in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
Store leftovers in refrigerator.
*I doubled the recipe and it made 3 dozen*
(recipe courtesy of Sarah Thacker)
*I doubled the recipe and it made 3 dozen*
(recipe courtesy of Sarah Thacker)

7 comments:
yummy! thanks for the recipe!
Such a cold morning for berry picking. I haven't done that this year. Next time call me and I will tag along!!
You've inspired me to take the kids strawberry picking too. We're going next week. Thanks for the recipe the muffins sound delicious. But where's the picture of the muffin? I want to see how they look.
tks for the recipe! The samples you brought over were delish. We are blessed to have such thoughtful neighbors. THANK YOU! : )
I think the memory of picking strawberries with stocking caps and sweatshirts in JULY is one that won't soon be forgotten. Memory making at its finest for sure!
Looks like fun, wish we had somewhere like that here.
One word. mmmmmmm!
I can't believe that it is 46 degrees. It is 106 today here. They look so good.
Post a Comment