Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolutions...?

I usually make some sort of resolution(s) each year. Last year I made 2. I was 50% successful.
This year I have made more. I usually don't write them down, I just keep a running tally in my head of what I'd like to resolve. This year, maybe writing them down will bring me more than a 50% success rate.
In no particular order:
~To keep pop/soda/diet Pepsi OUT of my home.
I resisted the urge to buy diet Pepsi at the grocery store last night!

~Run a 5k <---this one has failed me 2 years in a row...I *really* want to do this in 2011.
Nothing to report yet...

~Lessen my "Coffee Hut" habit. My brother figured out how much I spend a month on it and lets say I could quit my job if I cut this out completely :) That's not going to happen though, one: because I love my job and two: I love my caramel skinny mocha's. Steven bought us a coffee maker so I'm going to try and cut my cost by making them at home.
Stopped at McD's yesterday and the "Coffee Hut" this morning...this one is going to take a lot of effort from me.

~Drink more water and take my vitamins...DAILY
Nope, haven't done either yet...I suck.

~Be consistent with my work out classes. I have been consistent since September going 2/3 days a week taking anywhere from 1-3 classes a month. This is really important to me. It helps me sleep better, it's a stress reliever and makes me feel better about myself.
I start tomorrow evening.

~LESS yelling at my kiddos. Mornings are my weakness. I feel that if I don't raise my voice, they don't move fast enough for me...I'm going to try really hard to work on this.
I am happy to report this morning I was able to express to my boys that I felt the urge to yell and Ethan calmly said to me, "Mom, please don't yell." I want my boys to head off to school with a cheerful heart, not one that wants to cry due to their mothers morning yelling.

~Using less chemicals in my home.
I started using Norwex products and plan to buy and use more. They are amazing products and require virtually NO chemicals!

I will try to update monthly on my progress...
So what are YOURS? Do you make any?

7 comments:

tootles said...

Salena,
I am just trying to be more purposeful aobut things...
I too am going to purpose to run a 5k - I have wanted to for so long, but never just do it.
I too, am purposing to not talk so loud...yell...
It is definetly a journey..

Nicole Stockton said...

I have many goals for 2011, I plan on sharing them on the blog on Fridays during January. One I have had for a long time is getting a good workout routine, so I know how that is. I would also love to be a part of a 5k but my running skills are next to horrible, it would still be great to train like that at some point though. Wishing you success with all of those goals:)

Lori said...

I suck at resolutions....I really do.I think I will try to fix one area in my life. I'll not call it a resolution though. Maybe I'll call it...Fred...I don't know. I'll let you know if I am successful :)

Nae said...

As my girlfriend says, "It is by writing things down and making them a goal that they become reality." Best of luck!

Melissa said...

I think these are great, Salena. I've never made resolutions (because for me, they sort of set me up to fail but that's another story...) but I do resolve at times to do or to stop something.
I, too, have been working on the no yelling part. My Elijah (4) even thanked me recently by saying, "Mom, thanks for not yelling so much. I'm vewy pwoud of you for learning not to yell so much." Talk about MELT YOUR HEART!
I also have really felt good about using my Norwex cloths. Less junk is really freeing!

Uniquely Normal Mom said...

Oh I like all these! And what Abram said is priceless. What a heart on that kid! I'm trying not to raise my voice (seems like I do this every year?!?!) and trying to make more things to save money. Those are just a few of my resolutions. Once it gets warmer out, if you ever want to go on a walk or two (not confident of my jogging-with-stroller skills yet), I'd love that!

the mom~ said...

Genevieve, I'd love that too.