Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Today, I am thankful for...

Ethan.
He is a boy with a heart of gold! He is genuine, kind, smart, interested in so many different things and loves people like Christ does. He really tries everyday to be a shining example of a Christ. I can't explain what he does to my heart and how he encourages me daily to be a better mother.

On Sunday evening I overheard this conversation with his dad...
Ethan: I'm sorry Dad for making you and mom raise your voices today.
Steven: Thanks buddy, I appreciate that.
Ethan: No really Dad, I was laying in bed and couldn't fall asleep until I came down to tell you that I'm really sorry. I didn't want to make you or mom yell today and I'm sorry.
Steven: Come here kid, give me a hug!

Thank you Lord for giving me Ethan!

This is just the kind of kid he is...and it wasn't even Ethan that made us raise our voices that day!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Wow! What an insightful kid you have! I love how children are so humble.

kamesse said...

Oh, that makes me cry! So very sweet... What more could a mom ask for!

Nicole Stockton said...

That is so awesome!

Toni said...

Love that boy so much. He truly has a heart for God. He loves so good.