Tuesday, October 4, 2011

personal project/four people/twelve times/9.11



September:
Many people like to think of January 1st as the start to a New Year, a time to start over, start fresh, but for me that happens each September. The lack of routine in the summer throws Abram and I off kilter, so when September finally rolls around and we start back into our normal routines of school, work and activites I just feel refreshed and new again. I absolutely love fall, so that also helps me as well.

September started a whole new chapter in our lives...our youngest child, Abram, started Kindergarten! He goes all day, every day. He had a rough start, but on the 10th day of school he exclaimed to me that he wasn't going to cry or get himself worked up and he didn't need me to walk him inside the school either! Although we prayed for "no tear" mornings, I wasn't ready for that confidence and independence only after 10 days.

First day of school, forcing a smile behind the tears.

Abram also learned to ride a 2-wheeler. He had been practicing hard all summer but a bike party of one of his best friends really got him to do it! He LOVES it and we've been on several rides including the Central Lakes Bike Trail.

Abram grew many zucchini and squash over the summer, but only one watermelon.
He was very proud of that piece of fruit.


Sept 10, Steven 619 and Ethan 618 ran in the Dick Beardsley race. Steven finished the half marathon in a time he would NOT like mentioned and Ethan finished the 5k in 32:22. I was beyond proud of both of them. For Steven's first race(besides our family one mile race we did in June)to be a HALF MARATHON and finish, that's good enough for me...and Ethan, that boy blew us out of the water. He set 2 goals for himself, something we didn't even discuss prior to the race. 1-to not walk at all and 2-to beat that one guy in the blue shirt. He accomplished both! When I asked him how he picked that guy in the blue shirt he said, "I just picked someone and said I WILL beat them!"



He also attend Inspiration Point's Fall 45 fall retreat. It's designed for fourth and fifth graders. He had a wonderful time.

Ethan is still playing youth football and loves it. He is, I think, one of the most improved players on the team. It's really fun to see the coaches work with the boys and encourage them to be the best they can be. He has had many people come watch him play and he absolutely loves that!
Ethan & Thomas
Ethan playing center.

What a wonderful month September was. I can only hope October will be just as wonderful. Already, we are experiencing warmer than average temps in both months which makes for a longer, warmer fall which is always nice!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Now that a Minnesota winter isn't lurking for me behind Fall...I really see why you and HH love it so much. YAY FALL!!!

Nicole Stockton said...

Wow sounds like a great month full of milestones! Both boys sound like they are doing great and trying new things which is wonderful:) Have a great fall with the family! Looking forward to hearing more updates.

Nae said...

Great September memories with your family, Salena!