
Today is my father in law's birthday. You see though, I have never met my father in law. He died of cancer 21 years and 7 days ago. I was never blessed with his company, wit or love but if he's anything like my husband, which we're told all the time, "You're just like your father was!" what an amazing man he was. It saddens me to know that he will never meet his grandchildren, his son in law or me but I couldn't be happier with the mother in law I do have. She is a tremendously strong woman who has fought hard to make her children's and grandchildren's life nothing less than wonderfully blessed! So, as we reflect today on his birthday I hope he knows how much he was loved and is missed!!! Happy Birthday Dad Steve!!!
8 comments:
Salena- That is so great what you did for Steve's birthday. I's sorry to that he didn't get to see his children and grandkids and be a part of their lives. He loved his family so much. He would of loved you too. Steven is like his father good and bad, we love all of them.
Love you -
Toni
O.k. I gues I should of previewed but what i wanted to say was, Steve didn't get to see his children grow up or his grandkids.Next time I will preview. Love you,
Toni
Im so sorry for your loss. My grandparents never got to meet my children and though it's not the same, I can relate.
But he will get to meet you, Gabe and all of his grandkids, just not in this life. That is what you meant right? Happy Birthday Steve! If he was just like Steven I know I would have loved him as much as I do my bil :)
Thank you so much for honoring my dad's birthday. I miss him so much. I really wish he could be here. But I know we'll see him again, someday.
What a beautiful tribute, Salena! Like your childen, Kyle has a Papa who passed away before he was born. It saddens me that Mike's father will never meet Kyle, or the baby on the way, but I believe in my heart that he sees them from above. I'm sure Steven is looking down on Ethan and Abram with love and smiles.
Wow Salena, what a nice post. I don't know how Toni did it, and I can't imagine growing up without a dad. My heart really goes out to the three of them, and you of course and your boys. I can't imagine going thru that in this life. If you've been told Steven is like him, then I'm sure he was a great guy! Steven is a great person, and dad!
What a beautiful tribute! I agree with everything you said. Everything I have heard about Steve has been wonderful. The stories mom (Ruthie) has told me make me laugh. She always shares wonderful memories of him with me.
Post a Comment