Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy Birthday!!!


Tomorrow, Oct 5th is my brother Marvin
and my brother in law Gabe's birthdays.

What I admire in Marvin is his heart. He has a huge heart and is willing to do just about anything for you. These pictures are from when Marvin came from Texas to Minneapolis for a work meeting. He rented a car and drove 3.5 hours to take us out to dinner, stay the night and out to breakfast the next morning just to return to Minneapolis less than 15 hours later. There was no way he was going to be this close to us and miss seeing me and meeting his newest nephew:)


I wonder where Ethan gets that cheesy grin from?!?!?!


What I admire most about Gabe is his strength. This picture was taken when he was fighting cancer a few years ago. He is such a fighter and wasn't going to let cancer win. Samantha has told me more than once that Gabe went to his chemo appointments and she hardly ever heard him complain. The nurses loved seeing him and his determination. He just knew that for his wife and unborn daughter he would be a survivor.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOYS!!!
I hope the two of you have a wonderful birthday and many more to come!


3 comments:

Valerie said...

You're so sweet. Happy birthday to your brothers.

Toni said...

I think that is very special that you do that for people.

Christine said...

That picture is so sweet. Happy birthday to Marvin. He is a good brother! I won't let him take all the credit though. When he told me about the work meeting I said if I was that close to my sister, and she just had her baby I wouldn't miss seeing her and the new baby for anything in the world, I would rent a car and go! I was happy when I found out that is just what he did. He loves you guys so much!