Monday, December 22, 2008

Broen Home Christmas celebration

This year Ethan's first grade class got to go to the Broen Home(assisted living and elderly care) and sing Christmas songs. When they were done signing they got to meet and greet some of the residents. Ethan was very excited and shook as many hands as he could. The smile on the faces of the residents was priceless.
One thing I love about Ethan is his "ham-ness." As soon as he sees the camera he will stop and smile for me, even mid song, gotta love that :)



Of course, since Madi is home schooled she is allowed to go on field trips to see her bff perform..she wouldn't have missed it :)
And Grandmom came...
and Jeni... (and Papa)
Ethan and Julia
meeting the residents
look at that lady, she couldn't wait for Ethan to get to her.

and this cute couple sat like this the ENTIRE performance...I think he thought she was going to wheel herself out if he let go...

8 comments:

Charlene said...

what a precious memory to remember! I am sad that neither of my boys have anything Christmas related this year....no programs, no sing-a-longs, no concerts. Cherish these moments they won't be around forever.

Samantha said...

It so great that Ethan's class did this. I'm sure it was the highlight of the season for many of the people there. I love the people holding hands. So sweet!!

Nicole Stockton said...

That is priceless. The residents are so cute and that performance probably lit up their whole Christmas. Ethan looks like he did great.

TnT said...

that last picture of the couple holding hands brings tears to my eyes. so sweet-- oh how love endures all things!

what a great experience for Ethan...he looks like he loves it!

Toni said...

Ethan, Grammy is so proud of you. You did great greeting all the people there.

Anonymous said...

i love the hand-holding pictures.
and how special for ethan to help bring christmas to people who need lots of christmas. :)

Kate said...

What a sweet experience for your little guy! Sounds like he really got into the spirit of Christmas. I agree that the old couple holding hands pic is wonderful.

Laura said...

What a great time for Ethan!! You'd have thought they could have wheeled that adorable couple a little closer together, LOL!