Monday, December 8, 2008

Curious George visits Ethan's school

Last week during the book fair at Ethan's school, Curious George made an appearance. The boys had a blast meeting him. This was a HUGE step for Abram. He is a very shy child and hates loud places, crowds, people looking at him and well, things like Curious George. To my surprise, he walked right up to Curious George and wanted me take his picture and then...

He hugged him! I about fell over when he did this.

This is a huge answer to prayers let me tell you.

Then Curious George signed one of our books for Ethan.
And then it was Ethan's turn for his picture with him.

It was a great night!

8 comments:

Samantha said...

Yea Abram!!!!! That is a big step for him. That is cool that curious George came to Ethan's school!!!

Heather said...

That is amazing! I almost couldn't believe it when you told me;) Glad that you have pictures for proof.lol. That Bubby boy is awsome! Ethan too!

Lori said...

I had to look twice to find out whos kid that was hugging the monkey. wow...your little boy is growing up.

Nicole Stockton said...

How cute. Abram got to meet the real curious George? That's awesome. It looked like the boys had a great time and its pretty cool that Ethan got a book signed by him.

Nae said...

Wow! Celebrities for kids here in FF!! Maybe taking Abram to the Curious George movie helped out... oh yah, didn't you have to leave the movie with Abram if I remember right? Guess he is maturing and gaining confidence thanks to great big brother and wonderful parents!

Toni said...

That is so special. I'm glad he is getting better. They usually grow out of it.

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet that he hugged him! I can't wait for this preschool type of stuff. It looks so fun for the kids!

Laura said...

Go Abram!! Curious George is pretty big in our house! If you have a Kohl's by you it's the Kohl's Cares for Kids campaign right now.